Friday, July 31, 2009

Unaligned top front teeth...?

Alright, So, I had braces for nine years.. yes nine.. my teeth were AWFUL. but i got my braces last year, and it was great, for 30 seconds, i still have an underbite and my top two teeth are not aligned with the rest of my face, the underbite doesnt really bother me its the alignment that bothers me. the purpose of the braces was to be able to smile for pictures again and i still cant do it without feeling badly about my smile... there straight teeth no snaggle teeth or anything and there a beautiful shade of white but the alignment really bothers me and i REALLY dont want brace again, i mean nine years c'mon. Does anyone have any idea what other options i may or may not have. Anyone hear about that crazy jaw surgery? Does it work? I cant have braces again, i finally feel like an beautiful adult (minus the alignment) not having braces anymore im not going back. help :(

Unaligned top front teeth...?
I can understand your burnout because you have been in different kinds of orthodontic treatment for 9 years. From your description, it sounds like you have a Class III skeletal malocclusion. Often, when these are diagnosed early, as yours was, various growth appliances will help advance the maxilla and try to prevent the mandible from advancing more.





As I said, often, when these are used early, the need for orthognathic surgery can be prevented. Unfortunately, it sounds like it didn't work for you and now you required these jaw surgeries.





The techniques for advancing the maxilla and reducing the mandible surgically have been around since the 1970's. In fact, orthognathic surgery has been combined with orthodontics has created revolutionary advances in the types of cases that can be treated.





I'm sure all this history doesn't really help you feel better. I just hope you understand that your situation isn't hopeless, these surgeries do work, and eventually you will have achieved your extreme makeover.





Attached is a link to some before and after photos of cases like yours.



office supply

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net