Sunday, August 2, 2009

Teeth help!?

Well here's the thing.





I don't like a couple of my top front teeth, and I would really like to make them even or aligned. Here's a picture:





http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh209...





I can't really explain it, but the bottoms of my two front teeth look like the top of a cloud. Did anybody understand that?





Well anyway, I would really want to make them nice.. because right now I hate my smile. I also learned from another question that I could fix my teeth with something called "Tooth Recontouring and Reshaping" and I would like to know MAYBE the cost, but definitely how old I have to be to get this done (because I don't think I am). Or even if I should wait a while to see if it fixes itself.





Could somebody offer some suggestions? Thanks.

Teeth help!?
Becca, can I just say first off, you have great teeth and I would think carefully before deciding on what you want to have done, after 10 years as a Dental Nurse I have seen a lot worse.





To answer your question, are you talking about the incisal edge (where you bite) on you're two front teeth?





If so there are a couple of different methods you can use. Re-contouring or reshaping would probably be the least expensive method, this usually involves filing or grinding the surface enamel down by a fraction of a millimeter to achieve the desired look, as for the price, it usually varies from one dentist to another so it can be almost impossible to give an accurate quote.


For more serious misalignment (but I am pretty sure you are talking insisal edge) you would be looking at porcelain veneers or crowns, more expensive initially but in the long term (I am talking 10 or 15 years) a better investment.





As for age, if you are under 18 most dentists should ask for parental consent before the proceedure, over 18 the choice is yours. I cannot stress to you how important it is to be sure this is something you really want to do, even if it means waiting until you are 18 before doing it, once you start grinding or cutting a tooth there is no going back. Tooth enamel does not re-grow once it is removed and if you don't like the result you may end up having to pay for more expensive restoration work later on.


Another really important thing is to get a consultation first the dentist should be able to give you a price then and it also gives you a chance to meet him or her and see if you are comfortable have them work on your teeth
Reply:you are so shallow, obviously you sound like a 12 year old girl crying about how you will never have boobs! seriously, why dont you just stick with what your genes gave you and live on......if you're teeth looked like crippled butter then I would understand but your teeth dont look like that...NEXT QUESTION!



downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net